Get yourself some blueberries.
Then throw together these absolutely delightful little puddings.
The combination of blueberry and sponge cake and lemon curd is perfect.
Little Blueberry Puddings With Lemon Curd Sauce
Ingredients for puddings:
140g/5oz softened butter , plus extra to grease molds
140g/5oz/2/3 cup caster sugar
140g/1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
zest and juice 2 lemons
Crème fraîche or Greek yogurt, optional, to serve
Ingredients for lemon curd sauce:
300g lemon curd
2 tsp cornflour or cornstarch
1. Heat oven to 180℃/350℉ and put a kettle of water on to boil.
2. Butter 6 individual pudding basins, dariole molds, or ramekins and line the bottoms with circles of baking parchment.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one by one. Fold in the flour and lemon zest with the juice from half a lemon. Divide between the molds, and evenly scatter the blueberries over each.
4. Place the molds in a roasting tin or baking dish just big enough to hold them all. Pour in boiling water from the kettle to come halfway up the sides.
6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the lemon curd into a small pan and gently warm. Gradually mix the juice from 1 lemon into the cornflour until you have a smooth paste, then stir into the lemon curd. Bubble for 1-2 mins, stirring, until smooth. Keep at room temperature.
7. To serve, carefully release each pudding from its mold by running a knife around the edge. Turn out onto serving dishes and spoon the lemon sauce on top. Eat with a dollop of crème fraîche or yogurt if you like.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
Time to jump up on the counter and use the spatula as a microphone.
And belt out this song.
Oooh, that opening piano.
The La la las.
That bass line.
Moneybrother-Born Under A Bad Sign
I have always loved this song and video, too.