Do you think?
Well, even if it does lie I am going to tell you the truth.
I loved this recipe.
Cauliflower Steaks. What a cool idea.
Pan frying and then roasting the cauliflower gets the vegetable browned and caramelized. It pairs perfectly with the sun-dried tomato/Kalamata studded relish and the fresh tomato sauce.
Try this for a light and different meal.
Cauliflower Steaks With Olive Relish And Tomato Sauce
1 large head of cauliflower
1/2 cup pitted oil-packed black olives, chopped
3 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 plum tomatoes, cored, quartered
1. Remove leaves and trim stem end of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Place cauliflower core side down on a work surface. Using a large knife, slice cauliflower into four 1/2″ “steaks” from center of cauliflower (Reserve the florets that break loose).
2. Finely chop enough loose florets to measure 1/2 cup. Transfer chopped florets to a small bowl and mix with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 Tbs oil, parsley, and lemon juice. Season relish with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook cauliflower steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, adding 1 Tbs oil to pan between batches. Transfer steaks to a large rimmed baking sheet. Reserve skillet. Roast cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat and add garlic cloves and tomatoes, one cut side down. Cook until tomatoes are browned; turn tomatoes over and transfer skillet to oven with cauliflower. Roast garlic and tomatoes until tender, about 12 minutes.
6. Transfer garlic, tomatoes, and 1/2 Tbs oil to a blender; purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide tomato sauce among plates. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate; spoon relish over. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Bon Appétit Magazine
Since I know that Mike Nisbet would probably like this very veggie dinner, I thought of him right away when I needed some music to post today.
It has been just about a year since Mike Nisbet’s album ‘Vagrant’ came out. I didn’t get turned on to his music until this past January. I wrote about him here.
Not only is ‘Vagrant’ still one of my favorite listens, but I really love the ‘Coffee and Cigarettes’ EP from 2009.
I could put ‘Who Am I?’ on repeat and let it go on for an eternity. It’s a lovely tune that I can really relate to. Freakin’ catchy, too.
“I sing songs and you study the human form
We’ve come a long, long way since school”
Listen to ‘Coffee And Cigarettes’ on Mike Nisbet’s Bandcamp page.
Check out Mike Nisbet on his Website where you can buy the music and see some upcoming gig dates in Scotland.
Your cauliflower steak looks yummy. I just put together a roasted cauliflower lasagne. Will let you know how it turns out.
That lasagne sounds delicious and different.