Not quite a lemon bar, not quite a brownie, these little bites of sunshine get the cute name Lemonies. Packed with lemon flavor and topped with a tangy glaze, they are a real sweet treat.
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8-inch square pan or line pan with non-stick foil.
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and zest together using a wire whisk.
3. Add melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes clean.
6. Pour glaze over the lemonies and allow to set before cutting into 25 bars.
Makes 25 servings
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. sift sugar into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and zest and stir until combined and smooth.
Recipe from Bakerella
A little bit of lime to go with our lemon. Lime Cordiale, that is.
Their new EP “Falling Up The Stairs” is packed with hopping, neo soul tunes. Can’t stay still when it’s playing.
Check out Lime Cordiale on their Website, where you can learn of upcoming West US tour dates and buy the music.