Hey everyone. Wassup?
Wassup in the kitchen?
Grilled Chicken Tacos made even more special from easy to do homemade tortillas. The Salsa Verde provides some vibrant contrast. Pile on your other choice of garnishes, roll up and dig in.
Grilled Chicken Tacos With Salsa Verde
Ingredients for chicken:
4 x 200g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
1 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
vegetable oil, for brushing
Cilantro leaves, shredded cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, lime wedges and salsa verde (recipe below) to serve
Ingredients for salsa verde:
2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 green onions roughly chopped
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Ingredients for flour tortillas:
4 cups (600g) flour
1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
50g cold butter, chopped
2 1/2 cups (625ml) boiling water
Directions for salsa verde:
1. Place the chili, garlic, green onion, cilantro, mint and vegetable oil in a food processor and pulse until combined. Set aside. Makes 1 cup (250ml).
Directions for flour tortillas:
1. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the boiling water and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together. (I used the food processor to make the dough).
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth dough forms. Divide the dough into about 12 equal size pieces and roll each piece out to a 20cm (8 inch) round.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the tortillas, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. To keep warm, stack the tortillas and cover with a tea towel until ready to use. Makes about 12.
Directions for chicken:
1. Place the chicken, onion salt, chili power, oregano, paprika and oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Char-grill or barbecue the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
2. Slice chicken and serve with the tortillas, cilantro leaves, shredded cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes lime wedges, and salsa verde.
Recipe from Donna Hay Magazine
How about something fun to listen to?
The Killers-All These Things That I've Done
Check out The Killers and buy their music on the band’s Website.
Pingback: Top 10 Tex-Mex Recipes For Cinco de Mayo. Peluqueria Hernandez Anyone? | I Sing In The Kitchen