I love this stupid cartoon.
Love these Pretzel Shortbread Bars, too. It’s got the salty-sweet thing going on with the sweetness coming from the buttery shortbread layer.
Pretzel Shortbread Bars
3 1/4 cups salted miniature twist pretzels
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Coat a 4 14-by-13 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom (you can buy the pan here) with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment.
2. Pulse 1 3/4 cups pretzels in a food processor until powdery. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder.
3. Transfer remaining 1 1/2 cups pretzels to food processor, and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
4. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and beat in egg yolk, then pretzel-flour mixture, until combined. Mix in 1/2 cup chopped pretzels from the food proceesor.
5. Press dough evenly into pan. Top dough with 1/4 cup chopped pretzels, pressing slightly; discard any remaining pretzels.
6. Bake shortbread until pale brown and firm in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack, and let shortbread cool for 1 hour.
7. Remove shortbread from pan, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide rectangles using a serrated knife.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Here is a band that is new to me and that I am loving.
Whoa Oh Oh this is a fun song. And you know what else is fun?
The band included this to go along with the video:
I Spy With My Little Eye (Fun Things to Find in Our Frigid First Video):
-a lonesome boot that lost a foot
-a lonesome foot that lost a boot
-a snowy concussion
-2 blue pairs of long underwear
-A Madscientist/Magician/Co-producer/Guitar player for Loco Locass and Fish Milk/All around amazing dude Greg Smith
-2 pairs of pink underwear
-a ninja roll
-a pair of kiwi covered boxers
-a bare butt slide
-a Lance Armstrong lover
-a perfectly hidden penis (not the one you’re thinking of)
-an imperfectly hidden penis (the one you’re thinking of)
-a pink pair of long underwear
-2 pairs of bare feet in the snow
-a non-nude passerby in the trees
-a face full of snow
-a flip of the hat
-a tip of the hat
-a rust coloured beard
-a pair of red suspenders
-a potty mouth (read some lips)
-Kal El’s underwear (On Kalil)
-4 aviator hats (or russian hats, depending on your politics)
-2 pairs of blue snow-covered boxer-briefs
-a rolly-polly Australian Shepherd
-a snow-filled Hagstrom
-a trash-talking taunt
-a loving back rub
-a red garage door
-a hunter’s tuque
-a stretched sweater sleeve
-a look straight into the camera
-640 smiling teeth