Sometimes I see a picture of a recipe on the internet and I have to step back from my computer screen so I don’t poke a spoon through it.
When I saw this Outrageous Brownie Sundae posted first on Kevin & Amanda’s site and then made by my friend Elizabeth on her blog, I was thrown into a virtual sugar coma.
I made the brownies.
“Wow!” I thought as I lifted the baking dish out of the oven.
8 pounds heavy.
I assembled the brownies into the most indulgent sundaes you can imagine.
Outrageous Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownie Sundaes
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos (Oh my gosh…the whole package)
1 family size (18.3 oz) brownie mix (such as Betty Crocker)
1/4 cup hot fudge topping
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish lined with wax paper and sprayed (heavily) with cooking spray. Top with a layer of Oreos.
5. Mix together brownie mix, adding 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
7. Place a brownie square on a plate. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and dizzle with chocolate sundae sauce.
Serves the population of a small country
Recipe slightly adapted from Kevin & Amanda
To make a more human sized serving you can reluctantly serve the sundae with just one brownie slice.
It was tough to decide whose music was sweet enough to stand up to the brownies.
I’ve got quite the sweet spot for Dublin’s The Mighty Stef.
So, The Mighty Stef it is.
And my favorite song is Georgia Girl.
“And whenever you get hurt
And your heart it feels like dirt
I will move the sun and earth for you”
The Mighty Stef-Georgia Girl
Check out The Mighty Stef on Myspace and Facebook. You can buy the music here.
Those look fantastic!!!!!!! Glad you took yours to another level with the ice cream on top!
I’m overly fond of Oreos, but I can’t resist not trying this!!
Errr…I can’t resist…
Made these today. Delicious. My boys attacked them when they walked in from school and the hubby was right behind. The ice cream helped neutralize the sugar overload! Nobody added the fudge sauce…but maybe tomorrow! Thanks, Tricia.
Pingback: Oreo Brownies. Duck! It’s Kitty The Lion. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Made these with caramel instead of the fudge topping and OMG! Watch them disappear!
WOW!! That sounds amazing. It is on my list. x
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake. New Music From The Scissors. | I Sing In The Kitchen