I am super lazy. It’s like normal lazy, but I wear a cape.
You can be super lazy, too, and still get a yummy breakfast on the table without hardly any effort.
This Cinnamon Breakfast Ring is seriously good. Whether you call it Monkey Bread, Pinch-Me Cake or whatever you want, it is downright delicious.
The original recipe called for 1/2 cup sugar. I halved that and the bread was plenty sweet. You can also add raisins and/or chopped nuts if that would make you happy.
Cinnamon Breakfast Ring
2 (10 oz) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 c granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
4 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place pieces in a large bowl. Pour melted butter over biscuit pieces.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over biscuit pieces and toss until well coated. Place dough into prepared Bundt pan, distributing evenly.
4. Bake 25 minutes, or until center is firm. Cool 10 minutes then invert Bundt pan over a plate to release the ring.
5. Before serving, combine confectioners’ sugar and milk to make a glaze. Drizzle over the ring. Serve warm.
Recipe slightly adapted from Mr. Food Christmas Made Easy
Scotland’s Woodenbox are so cool. Put on their music and it is a party waiting to happen. I’m a sucker for the brass.
Now how fantastic is the beginning of this song? It saunters into your ears.
Woodenbox-Everyone Has A Price
Here is a cracking video from the 2010 release ‘Home and a Wildhunt’.
Everyone Has A Price is from the upcoming Woodenbox album, I just cannot find any release info. I do know that the band is playing King Tut’s on March 9th (Ah, my Scottish friends, you are so lucky to live where so much of the music I love does) and are on the line-up for SXSW (I can’t get there either).