These are some of the best cinnamon rolls out there.
The dough rises in the refrigerator overnight and is super easy to work with the next morning. Roll it up tightly with its buttery cinnamon-sugar filling then slice into rolls. Let rise another hour before baking.
Then the magic happens. Your house is filled with the bakery-fresh, intoxicating scent of cinnamon and baked bread.
Fluffy, rich, buttery, soft, ooey, gooey…Dig in and be happy.
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water (110°F)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups flour
Cinnamon Filling (recipe follows)
Glaze (recipe follows)
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a very soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface then divide dough in half. Roll one portion into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle.
Spread with 1/4 cup butter (called for in the Cinnamon Filling) to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture that you made in the Cinnamon Filling.
4. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
5. Place in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan, cut side down. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
6. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
7. Preheat oven to 375°F.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Spread glaze over warm rolls.
Makes 2 dozen
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup softened butter, divided
1. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, cream and vanilla.
Recipes from Taste of Home
Anyone who signs off their email note with:
all the best
all my love Love
is going to to get my attention.
Luke De-Sciscio has a new album out, ‘Good Bye Folk Boy’, and it is flat out gorgeous. He recommended that I start with track 3, “R.O.B.Y.N., so that is what I am sharing with you. You’re going to want to listen to the rest. This is just a tease.
I love this song. What a voice. It’s such a marvel as it glides over the gentle guitar.