These fab tuna fishcakes are perfect for a quick and tasty meal. Crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside, they pair perfectly with the crunchy, cool salad.
Tuna Fishcakes With Parsley And Caper Salad
300g/10oz floury potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
185g/6.5oz tuna, drained and flaked
6 green onions, chopped
2 tsp red wine vinegar
Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
¼ cucumber, diced
2 Tbs capers, drained
1 Tbs flour for dusting
½ lemon, cut into wedges
1. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash with ½ of the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool.
2. Mix cooled potatoes with the tuna and most of the green onions. Form into 4 patties and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Whisk the vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss with the parsley, cucumber, capers and the remaining green onions.
4. Dust the fishcakes lightly with flour. Heat the remaining butter in a non-stick pan and cook fishcakes until crisp and golden on the outside.
5. Serve the fishcakes with the salad and lemon wedges on the side.
Serves 2 (doubles easily)
Recipe from Olive Magazine
‘6:30’ sounds like chase music for a big action movie. It’s loud, frenetic, and messy with some old-style feedback, rocking drums and crazy guitar. It’s new from London-based band Super Paradise.
Check out Super Paradise on Facebook. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.