Cold brew coffee is smooth and a little less acidic than coffee prepared with hot water. I tried it only because this White Russian cocktail recipe sounded so good.
I’m not sure a beverage that mixes cold brew with vodka, Kahlùa, and chocolate milk is the best way to taste test its merits (try a glass of the coffee iced, all by itself, to judge its nuanced flavor), but I can tell you that this is a mighty fine drink. I love the look of the fudge-drizzled glass.
Cold Brew White Russian
Warm fudge sauce, to drizzle
2oz cold brew coffee (recipe follows)
2oz chocolate milk
2oz coffee liqueur
1. Drizzle the fudge sauce down the inside of a glass. Freeze until set.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a shaker.
3. Shake to chill then pour into the prepared glass.
Makes 1 drink
Cold Brew Coffee
1 cup coffee beans, coarsely ground
5 cups room temperature water
1. Put coffee in a non-reactive container (a large mason jar works well) and add the water.
2. Cover and let sit for 20 hours at room temperature.
3. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
Recipes from Food Network Magazine
‘Coffee For Friends’ is the perfect song to pair with our drinks. It’s a lively rocker that will put all the caffeine to good use as you bang your head in time and dance around the room.
Check out Signs & Symbols on Facebook. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.