Looking for an easy, tasty, spooky snack? These Mini Puff Pastry Pizza Mummies have got you covered.
Mini Puff Pastry Pizza Mummies
1 puff pastry sheet (store-bought from the frozen food aisle), thawed
Pizza sauce (your favorite brand)
Toppings: ½ cup diced bell peppers, grated mozzarella cheese
Green or black olives, cut into rings, for eyes
1. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut circles in the puff pastry sheet. Save the scraps to make the mummys’ bandage strips.
2. Place the pastry circles on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Spread the pizza sauce on the cut puff pastry circles.
4. Add the toppings.
5. Cut up the leftover puff pastry sheet into strips. Place strips over the topped pizza bases, overlapping to make them look like mummies.
6. Top with olive eyes.
7. Bake in a pre-heated 180℃/350℉ oven for 10 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and crisp.
Recipe adapted from Caramel Tinted Life
If you’ve got mummies you could be Bringing Out The Dead.
Nashville-based band Year Of October are rocking it out on this soulful tune. You’re gonna want to wrap yourself in it. :)
Check out Year Of October on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.