It’s officially pumpkin time. If you need to get your fix try this yummy Pumpkin Cheesecake. There is a hint of maple syrup in the pumpkin spice filling. A mixture of toasted pecans and gingersnaps give the crust a delectable crunchy bite.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Deluxe
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
32 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
3 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for filling:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Sweetened whipped cream to serve, optional
1. Securely wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil around a greased 9-inch springform pan.
2. Place pecans in a food processor and process until ground. Add gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter. Pulse until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of prepared pan. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cream, syrup, vanilla and spices. Add the eggs and beat on low speed just until combined.
4. Pour filling into crust.
5. Place springform pan in a large baking pan and add 1 inch of very hot water to the baking pan.
6. Bake at 325°F for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears kind of matte in color.
7. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer then chill overnight.
8. Remove sides of pan. Serve cake with whipped cream if you like.
Recipe from Taste Of Home
“Victoria Park” is new from Cardiff based band Red Telephone. I love the sentimentality and trippy vibe.
Check out Red Telephone on Facebook and Bandcamp where you can buy the music.