Get an apple pie fix with far less effort than making the real deal and no universe creation required. Just roll up apple slices in strips of pie dough sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. They bake up all crisp and caramelized on the outside and tender within. Salted caramel is delicious to dip the mini pies in.
Bite-Size Apple Pies
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
2 Granny Smith apples, sliced into 8 wedges
Caramel topping sprinkled with sea salt, to serve, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
3. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Use a rolling pin to flatten slightly then trim each to an 8-inch square.
4. Brush pie crusts with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sprinkle with all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-inch strips.
5. Wrap one strip of pastry around each apple wedge with the sugared side against the apple.
6. Place the wrapped apples on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter sprinkle with reserved 1 tablespoon of the sugar mixture.
7. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salted caramel sauce if you like.
Recipe from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Time for a short song.
And a sweet song.
“I am undone by your presence,
and I don’t want this moment to end”
Learn more about Of Good Cheer on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.