These puffy little burgers are so good. The beef is flavored with ranch dressing which goes surprisingly well with the melted Havarti cheese. Tucked inside puff pastry, these burgers are perfect for parties, snacks or as a light dinner.
Mini Burger Puffs
1/2 pound ground beef
1 (1 oz) envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 large egg
1 teaspoon water
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
4 slices Havarti cheese (about 4 ounces), quartered
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix beef with the dressing mix. Shape into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
3. In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side until well browned.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water.
5. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry then roll into a 12-inch square. Cut pastry into four 6-inch squares then cut squares in half to make eight rectangles.
6. Place a burger on one end of each pastry rectangle and top with cheese. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold pastry over burger to enclose and press edges with a fork to seal.
7. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with egg mixture.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from Taste Of Home
Step into Monday with this retro-goth sounding electro goodness from London-based band Calling All Astronauts.
Check out Calling All Astronauts on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.