This quick and easy soup really highlights the broccoli flavor. It’s light with some added richness and texture from the creamy goat’s cheese and crunchy bread cubes.
Broccoli Soup With Crispy Croutons & Goat’s Cheese
2 thick, crustless slices of bread, cubed
1 Tbs olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 liter vegetable or chicken stock
100g soft goat’s cheese, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃/400℉.
2. Put bread cubes in a bowl. Add the oil and a little salt. Mix well to coat the bread, then spread out on a baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Meanwhile, chop the broccoli stalks and florets, but keep them separate.
4. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, broccoli stalks and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the broccoli florets, stock and milk. Cover and simmer gently for 8 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
5. Remove about four ladles of broccoli and set aside. Blend the rest in a food processor or with a hand blender, until smooth.
6. Return the reserved broccoli to the soup and check for seasoning. (The soup will keep in the fridge for 2 days).
7. To serve, reheat soup if necessary and top with the croutons and goat’s cheese.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
It’s Friday! This epic new tune from The WINTYR is going to start the weekend off just perfectly.