This kind of/sort of Moo Shu dish is sure to liven up your weekday meals. Duck Pancakes With Pickled Carrot Salad is different, fast, easy and truly terrific.
Duck Pancakes With Pickled Carrot Salad
1/3 pound boneless duck breast
2 Tbs hoisin sauce
10 Chinese pancakes, or similar
Bunch fresh cilantro
1 red chile pepper
3 Tbs rice vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
Green onions and cucumber
1. Use a vegetable peeler to create carrot ribbons then put them in a large bowl.
2. Finely chop most of the cilantro, keeping a few leaves to garnish.
3. Remove seeds and finely chop the chile pepper.
4. In a bowl, mix the chopped cilantro, chile, rice vinegar and sugar together then pour over the carrots and toss to combine.
5. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet, then add the duck and cook for 3-4 minutes. The meat should still be pink in the middle. Add the hoisin sauce, then remove from heat.
6. Heat the pancakes according to the pack instructions. Cut the green onions and cucumber into strips.
7. Season the carrots with salt and pepper then sprinkle with the reserved cilantro leaves. Serve carrots alongside the pancakes, duck, green onions and cucumber, with extra hoisin sauce on the side, if you like.
Serves 2 (doubles easily)
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
Well this is certainly cheerful and fabulously filled with lots of Whoa-oh-ohs.
“The Light Ahead” is new from NYC-based musician Eric Frisch and hits a delightful retro vibe.
The video is fun and pretty goofy, too.
Check out Eric Frisch on his Website where you can learn of an upcoming show in NYC this week and buy the music.