Turtle here refers not to the slow shelled reptile but the caramel, pecan and chocolate confection.
This easy dessert uses ice cream sandwiches as the layers. In between is sweet caramel and crunchy pecans. The chocolate Magic Shell adds a wonderful crispness to each bite of the whipped topping.
Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
6 ice cream sandwiches
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, plus more to drizzle
2 Tbs chopped pecans, divided
8 oz whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
Chocolate Magic Shell Topping
1. Line an 8.5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
2. Cut 2 ice cream sandwiches in half crosswise. Place 2 whole sandwiches in bottom of pan along with 2 of the halves. Pour caramel topping over and sprinkle with half of the pecans.
3. Repeat with another layer of ice cream sandwiches. Spread with Cool Whip.
4. Sprinkle cake with remaining pecans then drizzle with caramel and Magic Shell.
5. Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour or up to one week. Use excess parchment to lift cake from pan before serving
Recipe adapted from Normal Cooking
Here’s a short song.
And a sweet song.
“Oh, you know it’s true
I only want to be with you”
Check out Phooey! on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.
Learn more about Austin Basham on his Website where you can learn of upcoming EU tour dates and buy the music.