Keep that summer feeling going with these sunny Peaches ‘n’ Cream Bars. The contrast of juicy peaches, sweetened cream cheese and the nutty crumble topping is wonderful.
Peaches ‘n’ Cream Bars
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Unroll dough sheet into a rectangle. Press into bottom and slightly up sides of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan and press seams together.
3. Bake 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese layer.
5. In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds and sprinkle over peach filling.
6. Bake 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
7. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The bars can be served warm or cold.
Makes 2 dozen
Recipe from Allrecipes
“Everyone Dies” is a pretty cool song with a frenetic beat and spoken word bits. It’s 1980s music with lyrics that speak to modern day social media.