It’s raw and rainy here. Spring has decided to call it quits for awhile with snow and cold temps in the forecast for the next few days.
Perfect time to whip up a steaming bowl of soup. This is a terrific version of broccoli soup made all the more delicious by the unexpected garnishes of Stilton toast and cashews.
Broccoli Soup With Stilton Toasts
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 head broccoli, roughly chopped
750ml vegetable stock
8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
Snipped chives, to serve
2 Tbs toasted cashews, to serve
1. Cook the onion, potato and celery in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan for 10 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Purée the soup until smooth.
5. Spread the toast slices with cheese.
6. Pour soup into bowls. Top with the toasts, chives and cashews.
Recipe from Olive Magazine
Be still my heart. ‘Drive Me Crazy’ has slinked its way into my latest easy listening playlist. Late night guitar riffs and some sexy falsetto seal the deal.
Check out Charlie Oxford on his Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy the music.