I used to be addicted to soap, but I’m clean now.
Looking for some light spring fare? This Creamy Zucchini And Polenta Tart is a simple and lovely supper that is packed with flavor. The polenta crust (gluten-free, by the way) is a great alternative to pastry and adds terrific texture to the dish.
Creamy Zucchini And Polenta Tart
800ml vegetable stock
200g (1 1/4 cups) instant polenta
3-4 sliced zucchini (courgettes)
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
A large handful arugula (rocket)
1. Preheat oven to 200℃/400℉.
2. In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Pour in the polenta, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper then set aside to cool slightly.
3. Press the polenta into a pan approximately 25cm x 30cm (10 x 12 inches). Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, fry the zucchini in a little olive oil until golden and softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the mascarpone.
5. Remove tart base from the oven. Top with the zucchini mixture then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tart is golden. Sprinkle with arugula to serve.
Recipe from Olive Magazine
New York-based band Gideon’s Army have a new song out. Singer-guitarist Robert Bray pours his emotion into ‘Desperate Hearts’. Man, you really feel that need to belong.
Check out Gideon’s Army on Facebook where you can keep up to date on where to buy their music.