I’m pretty sure that little guy was not the muse for the Torches tune.
The retro flavors of cheese fondue get a modern blast from pepper jelly in this fun rip on grilled cheese. The bread is brushed with garlic butter then dipped in Parmesan. Inside is the nutty duo of Swiss and Gruyère layered with the sweet-spicy jelly. Different and delicious.
Parmesan Crusted Fondue Grilled Cheese With Pepper Jelly
8 slices sourdough bread
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces baby Swiss cheese, sliced
8 ounces Gruyère, sliced
4 teaspoons pepper jelly
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until butter begins to brown and garlic becomes fragrant. Remove from heat and discard the garlic slices.
2. Brush garlic infused butter on one side of each slice of bread, then flip the bread buttered side down and repeat with the remaining bread slices. Stack the bread slices, buttered sides together and press a sprinkling of grated parmesan into each of the buttered bread slices.
3. Stack the Swiss cheese then a teaspoon of the pepper jelly and then the Gruyère cheese onto the bread slices.
4. Place the cheese topped bread, Parmesan and buttered side down, in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Top with the other slice of buttered bread. Cover with lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. (I cooked mine in a griddle).
5. Reduce heat to medium and flip sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is golden and the cheese has melted. Watch carefully to prevent burning the bread.
6. Repeat process with the other sandwich ingredients to make the rest of the grilled cheese sandwiches.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Recipe from Foodie Crush
LA-based band Torches have a new song out called ‘Tongues’. It’s breezy, dreamy indie pop at its finest.