Recently seen through my lens.
So that all was before I got back from my quick trip to the Bahamas. I’ll have some warmer photos of that trip soon.
Also stop by tomorrow for some cute Halloween treats I made today and can’t wait to share with you.
To hold you over, today’s recipe is for a light veggie-rice bowl teeming with Asian flavors. The cashews add fun crunch.
Braised Vegetables With Cashews
1 Tbs peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
3/4 lb baby bok choy, cut into 4 inch lengths
3/4 cup baby corn, sliced in half on the diagonal
3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
3/4 cup canned, drained bamboo shoots
1 2/3 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced in half
2 tsp cornstarch
2 Tbs oyster sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup cashews
Steamed rice, to serve
1. Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the oil.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Increase heat to high. Add bok choy and baby corn. Stir fry for another minute.
4. Add the stock and cook for 3-4 minutes or until bok choy stems are just tender.
5. Add the bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute.
6. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir into the vegetables along with the oyster sauce.
7. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
8. Stir in the sesame oil and bean sprouts. Serve immediately over rice and sprinkle with the cashews.
Serves 4 – 6
Recipe from 101 Vegetarian Recipes
‘Time To Forget’, from UK-based band Pacific, is one of those timeless, piano heavy indie pop tunes. I’m dancing around to its swirling beat.
‘What are you waiting for?”
Check out Pacific on the band’s Website where you can learn of an upcoming show in Manchester, UK. You can buy their music here.