Get all of the awesomeness of cinnamon rolls in cake form. This Cinnamon Roll Cake is a seriously good, buttery, sweet treat. It smells heavenly and tastes even better.
Over at the site where I found the recipe, Jenny called hers ‘Buttery Cinnabun Cake’ and made them in individual pans. She did indicate that the cakes overflowed and made a huge mess of her oven. I decided to take her word and make the recipe in a cake pan, but loved the look of the mini buns. So after the cake had cooled, I used a biscuit cutter to create some little round cakes. Cute, but in any form the cake had the same fabulous flavor.
Ingredients for cake:
3 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1½ cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup butter, melted
Ingredients for topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs flour
1 Tbs cinnamon
Ingredients for glaze:
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
5 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 × 13-inch glass baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly stir in the melted butter and mix until well blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
3. To make topping, in a large bowl cream butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by tablespoonfuls and use a knife to swirl it through the cake batter.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. To make glaze, in a medium bowl, mix the confectioners’sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Picky Palate
Classic tune of revenge not feeling so good. Mix in the alt-rock guitar and those deep vocals and you’ve got one fantastic song that has that 90’s kind of vibe.
Check out Swerve on the band’s Website, where you can buy the music.