I hope you’re having a fun summer. If you need to pump up the fun even more, bake these Black Bottom Mini Cupcakes and watch everyone smile as they pop them into their mouths.
The black bottom refers to the crazy delicious chocolate cake that is topped with a chocolate chip studded dollop of cheesecake. The cupcakes are fantastic straight from the oven, room temperature or chilled up in the refrigerator. Since they do not have icing on them, the cupcakes are easy to transport to a summer picnic or BBQ.
8 oz cream cheese
1 large egg
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup mini–chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large bowl until creamy; stir in the chocolate chips.
4. In a second large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, remaining cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the oil, vinegar, vanilla and 1 cup water, and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Spoon chocolate batter into each cup to fill halfway. Top each with a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Bake until the cupcakes are puffed and barely golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen
Recipe from Woman’s Day Magazine
BOROKO, a rock project of Australian-born NYC-based artist Tim Fontaine, has released the first single off the upcoming second album.
“Because Life” has a classic rock edge that is elevated by Tim’s alluring vocals.
Check out BOROKO on the band’s Website, where you can buy the music.