My obsession with salted caramel continues. Here caramel-filled chocolate bars replace chips in these lightly salted cookies.
2 (3.5-ounce) caramel-filled dark chocolate candy bars (such as these)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
4 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Freeze the candy bars until hard, at least 1 hour. Cut the bars into 1/4-inch pieces and keep frozen until ready to use.
2.Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and fine salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the flour mixture until incorporated. Stir in the frozen chocolate pieces.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange scoops of dough (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
5. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375℉.
6. Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. Bake, switching the pan positions halfway through, until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
I love me some whistling. Pair that with some smooth indie-folk and a Hopalong Cassidy cadence and I’m swooning.