I don’t know why I find this video so hilarious, but I crack up every time I watch it.
I love little burgers/sliders. There were these Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers, this fun recipe that has the burgers sandwiched between garlic bread, these White Castle style sliders, and this recipe for One Pan Baked Sliders.
Those recipes are all delicious, but I think today’s Cheesy Party Burgers might just be my favorite. The beef is highly seasoned, then combined with some spicy tomatoes. Then there is that thick blanket of oozing cheddar and buns that are brushed with a tantalizing sweet and tangy butter-mustard glaze. The burgers are perfect when cooking for a crowd as the recipe doubles easily and can be assembled the day before.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon paprika
2 cups diced onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
12 slices cheddar cheese
12 dinner rolls
Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
2. Place a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the beef and season with salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, and paprika. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are tender. Stir in tomatoes.
3. Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan. Top with beef and the sliced cheese. Cover with the top half of the bun.
4. Pour glaze over the buns.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 12 burgers
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted and smooth.
Recipes from Kevin And Amanda
The Frozen Ocean, the solo project of Connecticut-based artist Dave Swanson, released a new album back in January. ‘Skeleton Key’ is a lovely collection of soulful tunes with thoughtful lyrics. I especially love the piano heavy songs.
Check out The Frozen Ocean on his Website, where you can learn of an upcoming gig in Connecticut and buy the music.