Symphony bars, those toffee almond chocolates from Hershey, are a great way to change up the flavor of chocolate chip cookies. I made a version with oats in the dough a long time ago (here). Today’s version uses a typical chocolate chip cookie dough with a hint more vanilla and a splash of milk for added richness. The cookies are packed with the chopped candy bars, chocolate chips and nuts. Yum.
Symphony Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup plus 2 Tbs butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 Tbs milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
6 oz chopped Hershey’s Almond and Toffee Symphony bar
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Mix 2 minutes longer.
4. Add flour mixture and mix to combine. Stir in chopped chocolate, chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Drop dough onto prepared sheets by rounded tablespoons, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until tops begin to color.