As a snack or alongside soup, these grilled cheese toasts loaded with vegetables are a fun change-up. The smokiness of the gouda contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the roasted veggies.
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place mushrooms, broccoli, pepper and onion in a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
3. Roast 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Mix mayonnaise and garlic; spread over bread slices.
5. Change oven setting to broil.
6. Spoon vegetables over bread slices; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Alright, this song is completely wacky. The voice, the lyrics, the 80s’ electronic nod.
But, I like it. I guess I like Dinner. :)
A friend of Dinner’s describes his sound as being like “An unruly dream immersed in sexual exhibitionism, un-dogmatic New Age, and perfectly measured idiocy mixed up with fumbling grandeur and awkward, arena-sized pop hooks.”
Perfectly measured idiocy. Love it.