Thanks to my daughter for finding that Gump inspired humor.
Summer may be winding down, but there is still plenty of prime grilling time. For bold and unexpected flavor combinations, you can’t go wrong with this recipe for Flank Steak With Cilantro And Blue Cheese Butter. The beef is marinated in a tangy, sweet, and citrusy marinade and served with a creamy blue cheese butter flecked with cilantro. Who knew that blue cheese and cilantro could taste so wonderful together?
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 (2 pound) beef flank steak
Blue Cheese Butter (recipe follows)
Chopped cilantro and chopped green onions, to garnish
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
2. Remove beef from marinade. Discard marinade.
3. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
4. Let steak stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
5. Serve steak with blue cheese butter.
Blue Cheese Butter
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, beat all ingredients until blended.
Makes about 1 cup
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
Pool Party, anyone? Lieutenant Dan, Ice Cream has the music ready to go.
Check out Lieutenant Dan, Ice Cream on Bandcamp, where you can name your price to buy his music.