Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows? They’re making headlines everywhere!
You were inflicted with that because there’s not much side dish humor out there.
Today’s two side dish recipes are super easy, super fast and super delicious.
The Soy-Garlic Butter Broccoli dish is simply broccoli tossed with soy sauce, melted butter, garlic and a little brown sugar then cooked in the microwave for 4 minutes.
It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare the lively Lemon-Herb Orzo side. The abundance of chopped herbs and a good dose of lemon zest give the dish a fresh, vibrant flavor.
5 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Place broccoli in a large microwave-safe bowl.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over broccoli.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
1 1/2 cups orzo
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup each chopped chives, dill and parsley
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Cook orzo in boiling salted water until al dente; reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain.
2. Toss orzo with butter, chives, dill, parsley, and lemon zest. Add the reserved pasta cooking water if the orzo is sticking together too much. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
This song is quite lovely with its ukelele, whistling and Martha Paton’s sweet, folksy vocals.
“Cos I’m not afraid to say that I wouldn’t know what to do
and some might say there’s more fish in the sea
and well maybe it might be true
But as far as I’m concerned and from all those things that I have learnt
Happiness is just loneliness plus you”
Check out Martha Paton on her Website, where you can buy the music.