Today’s recipe for Biscotti Bites comes from Martha Stewart.
And guess what?
I’m going to a baking class tomorrow that is being given by….
I know she has her share of haters, but I have always been a big fan. I love her magazine and consistently get good ideas for food and decorating from those pages. It will be so cool to see her in person. Maybe I can get some stock tips. ;-)
Back to the Biscotti Bites. These little cookies have the crunch of biscotti in a tiny, chocolate dipped treat. Coconut and more chocolate add terrific texture and citrus zest brightens the flavor.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 oz unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons finely grated grapefruit zest (I used orange)
11 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Fine sanding sugar, for sprinkling
1. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
2. Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar and beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Then beat in coconut, zest, and 5 ounces chocolate until evenly distributed.
3. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough, spaced 1 inch apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350℉. Bake biscotti bites, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets set on wire racks.
5. Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water or in a microwave oven, stirring until smooth.
6. Dip bottoms of cooled cookies in melted chocolate and set on parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Makes about 70 bites
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
A lot of thought went into these lyrics.
Check out Retarded Muppit Farm on Bandcamp, where you can get all of their music as free downloads.
Wow not what I expected for the photo. I like it. People will snatch these off the plate because they flat out look delish.
Wow my mouth is watering now…
BTW that weird song you posted made me curious so I followed the link to the band’s website…wow, WTF am I listening to? This stuff is gonna get bulk forwarded to all the guys at the office, thanks for turning me on to them. I needed a good laugh today!
WTF was my first reaction, too! The songs are certainly waaaaay out there. Happy Friday and thanks so much for stopping by.