This lively Chickpea Carrot Salad with citrusy hints is perfect to serve along simply roasted, cumin scented slices of pork tenderloin.
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 (16 oz) pork tenderloins
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pound shredded carrots
14 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed
2 cups baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Set wire rack in aluminum foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
3. Combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon cumin in bowl. Pat tenderloins dry and season with the spice mixture.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook tenderloins until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer tenderloins to wire rack. Roast until meat registers 140℉, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile whisk remaining 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, remaining teaspoon cumin, and cayenne together in a large bowl. Add carrots, chickpeas, and arugula and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Slice tenderloins and serve with carrot salad.
Recipe from Cook’s Country Magazine
Winner of Female Artist of the Year 2013 (Liverpool Music Awards), Natalie McCool has a new single that is a delicious slice of indie pop.