This is one of those recipes that sounds too good to be true.
Frozen purchased burritos. Any flavor you like. Ten minutes of your time. Dinner’s on the table.
All you do is microwave the burritos. Make a creamy green chile sauce flecked with cilantro. Top the burritos with the sauce and lots of cheese, broil and dig in. The lime infused corn-pepper side dish is a colorful and flavorful accompaniment.
8 frozen bean & cheese burritos (such as Tina’s)
1 cup sour cream
1 (7-oz) can diced green chiles
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
1 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
1. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
2. Place frozen burritos into prepared pan. Microwave for 8 minutes or until all burritos are hot.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. While burritos are warming, place sour cream, green chiles, lime zest, lime juice, cumin and cilantro into a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon sauce generously over warm burritos. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Place burritos under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and burritos are warm and bubbly.
16 oz frozen corn, thawed
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 Tbs butter
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add corn and stir until heated through. Stir in red pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipes from Lauren’s Latest
“Summer Rain” is just the retro, easy listening tune I need on this busy Friday. Oh weekend, how I have longed for you.