Marshall cracks me up.
Do you watch How I Met Your Mother?
As is usual for me, I didn’t watch the series from the start, but have instead binge watched seasons 1 thru 9 1/2 in the past few months. Very entertaining.
If you are in the mood for a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich washed down with a beer, put them both together in this ultra-rich casserole.
Tender steak, peppers, onions and cubes of bread drenched in a thick cheesy sauce with an unmistakeable tang of beer makes a meal that is Legen…..
Wait for it…………………………………………………………………………….
Beer Cheese Philly Steak Casserole
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
2 pounds rib-eye steak, sliced thin
3/4 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 3/4 pound) Note: use a crusty loaf if you are not a fan of mushy bread, which is what you get after the casserole bakes. I didn’t mind the texture, but some people might be put off by it.
5 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
12 ounces beer
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 oz) shredded American cheese (I chopped up slices of American cheese)
8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
Hot sauce to drizzle, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until soft, about 20 minutes; set aside.
3. Pour the remaining tablespoon olive oil into the skillet and raise the heat to medium; add the sliced steak to the hot oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until steak is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Arrange the bread cubes in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer the steak on the bread then top with the pepper and onion mixture. Set aside.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Pour in the beer, whisking until there are no lumps. Stir in the 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. As the mixture thickens, pour in the milk. Add the Monterey Jack and American cheese; stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Pour the cheese sauce over the assembled ingredients in the baking pan. Top with provolone cheese slices.
7. Bake casserole until the provolone cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Drizzle each serving with some hot sauce, if you like.
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
‘Crazy’ is just what you need to dance around to after dinner. Or while making dinner. Or any time at all.
Check out Lost In Atlantis on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.