You know I just live for sillyness like that.
And I live for fun, different dinners like this one.
I adore those day-glo, super addictive Doritos. Crushed and baked on chicken, they’re a wonderful flavor booster.
The Baked Potato Crisps are like a mini version of loaded potato skins. Dress them up or down with your favorite toppings. I used some sharp cheddar, a touch of bacon, sour cream and a bit of chives. I loved them as a side dish with this dinner, but I would easily serve them with drinks at a party.
11 oz bag of Doritos Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips (I used about 3/4 of the bag)
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
Ranch dressing and/or sour cream mixed with some taco seasoning for dipping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. Place Doritos in a re-sealable bag and coarsely crush until you have about 1 1/2 cups of crushed Doritos. Pour onto a large plate.
3. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk.
4. Dip each chicken strip in the egg mixture and then into the Doritos mixture. Press the chips into the chicken until the whole strip is coated.
5. Place chicken on a foil lined pan and bake 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with the ranch dressing and/ or sour cream.
Recipe from Spend With Pennies
Baked Potato Crisps
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 russet potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces shredded cheddar
1 cup sour cream
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 tablespoons minced chives
1. Preheat oven to 425℉. Line two baking sheets with foil and grease each sheet with butter.
2. Arrange the potato slices on the sheets and brush with the remaining melted butter. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bottom starts to brown. Flip potatoes over and roast for 10 more minutes.
4. Sprinkle each potato slice with a little cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer.
5. Top each potato slice with a small dollop of sour cream, bacon and chives.
Makes about 42
Recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
A little bit rock, a little bit pop, I’m really enjoying this new song from EMA. The gritty hook is great.
Check out EMA on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates and buy their music. The new album, ‘The Future’s Void’ is due out in April.