This video cracks me up. RRRRRAAAAARAAAAARAAAA!
We lurve Doritos around here.
Just last month I made Chicken Doritos Quesadillas which were soooo good.
Well, recently I was at the grocery store without a list. **GASP** But nowadays, with smart phones, who cares? Just go to an app, search your favorite ingredients and see what comes up.
That’s how I found this absolutely wonderful recipe.
Basically a taco salad with the perfect addition of Doritos. Fast and fabulous. My family inhaled every last morsel.
1 pound ground beef
1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 packet (1oz/28g) taco seasoning
1 medium tomato, diced
1 (12 oz) bag Doritos
Catalina dressing, purchased or from recipe below
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Brown ground beef; drain fat. Toss with dry taco seasoning, and set aside until cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Right before serving, add the beef, Doritos, and dressing. Mix well.
Recipe from BigOven.com
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup onion, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
2. Add the oil in a steady stream with the machine running until the mixture comes together in an emulsion.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
(If using onion powder instead of chopped onion you could also shake dressing ingredients up in a jar with a tightly sealed lid.)
Recipe from KitchenSimplicity.com
I love this tune from Las Vegas based band, Coastwest Unrest.