I decided to change up my chocolate chip cookie routine by trying these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Since, basically everything I make from the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks is fantastic, I chose this recipe from one of those.
Yes, the fantastic streak continues. If you like chocolate, peanut butter and cookies, whip up this recipe. All of the flavors of Reese’s PB Cups packed into a batch of utterly delicious cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to combine the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and peanut butter, and mix.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the batter, mixing only until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
5. Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using either a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon. Dampen your hands, flatten dough lightly, then press the tines of a wet fork in both directions.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Parties by Ina Garten
This has to be the most gorgeous song I have heard in a long time. I just happened upon it today as I was surfing through news of the anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s death yesterday.
The song really makes you understand how difficult it can be to be a musician on tour.
Check out Drew Danburry on his Website, where you can buy the music. He also has a ton of free downloads on offer.