Pizza Time! That is one creepy and ridiculous moon. However, every time the ad comes on I have to watch it.
Yes. Definitely time for pizza.
Here are two recipes that aren’t your every day zas.
Thai Chicken Pizza is all at once sweet, hot, crunchy, herby and cheesy. Different and delicious.
The Cheeseburger version tastes just like it sounds. Cheeseburger topped onto a pizza crust. I love the addition of the relish.
1 batch of your favorite pizza dough
¼ cup flour
1 Tbs fine corn meal
½ cup sweet Asian chili sauce, plus 1 Tbs for drizzle
1 shallot, thinly sliced
½ whole zucchini, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup chopped peanuts
2 Tbs fresh cilantro
2 Tbs fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Sprinkle some flour on rolling surface. Lightly knead dough then roll out to about a 1/4 inch thick, or however thick you prefer your crust.
3. Sprinkle your pizza pan with a light coating of corn meal, then stretch out dough to fit pan or form into a round on a pizza stone.
4. Spread the Asian chili sauce on the surface of the dough. Add the sliced shallots and zucchini. Top with the red chili flakes and shredded chicken. Top with the cheese.
5. Place the pizza into oven and bake for about 15 minutes, checking after about 10 minutes to be sure crust and toppings do not burn.
6. Once the pizza dough is golden around the edges and the cheese is bubbly, remove pizza from the oven.
7. Drizzle more of the Asian chili sauce over the top, top with the crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro and basil. Slice and serve.
Recipe from TastyKitchen.com
1 batch pizza dough
1/2 lb lean ground beef
Dash of garlic and onion powders
1 (14 1/2 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Pickle relish, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain. Add seasonings and salt to taste.
3. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Transfer to baking sheet.
4. Brush dough with a little melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread tomatoes evenly over crust; sprinkle with beef, cheese and green onions.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted. (Check after 10 minutes). Sprinkle with a little relish and serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Eat Cake For Dinner
This song came on while I was writing this post. You need this song with your pizza.
Absolutely beautiful from the ever brilliant Beerjacket.