Just back from a long car trip. Got to visit family and meet an “imaginary friend” in real life. (Hi James!). Nine states and 1400 miles of driving.
Fantastic time, but always good to be back home.
Now to kick back and have a drink and a luscious Cranberry Crumb Bar.
Well, the drink part is true. Unfortunately, the Cranberry Crumb Bars are long gone.
They were SO good. Tart against sweet. The Crumb topping is one of the best that I have had.
Cranberry Crumb Bars
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup cold butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
juice of 1/2 an orange
4 cups fresh cranberries
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉. Butter a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar, flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. The dough will be crumbly. Alternatively, you can pulse the dry ingredients in a food processor with the butter until pebbly, and then mix in the egg until it all comes together.
3. Pat half of the dough into the buttered pan.
4. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and orange juice. Mix in the cranberries. Sprinkle the cranberry mixture evenly over the dough in the pan. Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon to the remaining dough, then crumble dough over the berries.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until top is a light golden brown. Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 24 bars
Recipe from Good Life Eats
Unpacking, dirty laundry and Tokyo Police Club.
Thank God for The Tokyo Police Club. Most excellent served up alongside a large glass of wine.
Favourite Food is a great song with an even better title.
Tokyo Police Club-Favourite Food
How cool is this song and video? Love it.
Check out Tokyo Police Club on the band’s Website, where you can also buy the music.