How about some drinks and nibbles?
Pineapple Mojitos are festive and not too sweet. They are perfectly paired with some spiced pecans and a dreamy salmon dip.
I raise my glass to you! Thanks so much for stopping by.
1 bunch fresh mint, stems discarded
2 limes, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup canned crushed pineapple
1 cup light rum
4 cups ice cubes
1 cup club soda
1. In each of 8 highball glasses, crush together one-eighth of the mint leaves, 2 lime wedges and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir in 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple and 2 tablespoons rum until the sugar is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup ice cubes and a splash of club soda to each glass. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Every Day with Rachel Ray Magazine
Creamy Salmon Spread With Horseradish
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 pound smoked salmon, chopped
Crackers and cut up vegetables, for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Fold in the salmon.
2. Serve with the crackers and vegetables.
Recipe from Real Simple Magazine
Sweet And Spicy Pecans
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups warm water
2 cups pecan halves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a large baking sheet.
2. Place 1/2 cup of sugar and the warm water in a medium size saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat, add pecans, and stir to coat well with the syrup. Let pecans soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
3. Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and red pepper in a large plastic resealable bag and shake to combine.
4. Add the drained pecans and shake to coat well. Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
5. Bake the pecans until they are golden, about 10 minutes.
6. Let pecans cool on baking sheet.
Makes 2 cups
Recipe from What Can I Bring? Cookbook
Make another batch of nuts and after Happy Hour you can make some other friends happy with a nutty gift.
Drinks in hand. Some fun food. Now for Music.
I LOVE Admiral Radley. If you have been reading for awhile, you probably know that I am pretty keen on any project Jason Lytle is involved in.
I’m just gonna blast this song. I <3 California. Yeah?
Admiral Radley-I Heart California
Love that Happy Hour sign! Where can I get one? :)
I know! I want one, too.
love the beginning of the song: “drugs fall out of diaper bags, while mid-westerners stare”. When we were in La, we went down to Venice Beach — almost every block had 1 if not 2 medical marijuana stores, with folks outside telling us the doctor was in. It really shocked my midwestern teenager…..