Yes, I do.
Bread and Butter. Buttered Bread.
Bring it on.
Add cream, milk, sugar and vanilla.
Bread And Butter Pudding is so good. It is easy, but decadent. Throw some Whiskey Sauce on the side and you might gasp from the pleasure of it all.
Go eat your carbs. And have a lovely weekend.
Bread And Butter Pudding With Irish Whiskey Sauce
12 slices good quality white bread, crusts removed
50g (2 oz) butter
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup (200g/7 oz) sultanas (golden raisins)
4 large eggs, beaten lightly
450ml (16 oz) heavy cream
225ml (8 oz) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
175g (6 oz/3/4 cup) sugar
pinch of salt
Irish Whiskey Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Butter the bread and arrange 4 slices, buttered side down, in a single layer in a 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the bread with the nutmeg and half the sultanas. Arrange another layer of the bread, buttered side down, over the fruit and sprinkle the remaining nutmeg and sultanas on top. Cover with the remaining bread, again buttered side down.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture over the bread through a fine sieve. Sprinkle the tablespoon of sugar over the top and let the mixture stand, covered loosely, at room temperature for at least one hour or chill overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180℃. Place the baking dish in a larger baking pan, and fill the larger baking pan with water until it is halfway up the sides of the smaller baking pan. Bake the pudding in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour or until the top is crisp and golden.
4. Serve warm with the Irish Whiskey Sauce.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Darina Allen’s Ballymaloe Cookery Course
Irish Whiskey Sauce
140g/5 oz butter
115g/4 oz/1/2 cup sugar
1 whole egg, beaten
50ml Irish Whiskey
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan, then add sugar.
2. When sugar is dissolved, add beaten egg, whisking vigorously.
3. Finally add whiskey.
4. Serve warm.
I’m a sucker for songs with spoken words. I also love desperate love songs.
Cue in the smooth vocals of Cameron McGill and a power pop back-up and I am in heaven.
This is one of my favorite songs EVER.
Cameron McGill-What The Hell (I Love This Girl Danielle)
I heard the second track from last year’s ‘Is A Beast’ this morning while running. It is what made me pull out all my Cameron McGill stuff today. Flat out marvelous.
This sentence, from Cameron McGill’s Bio, makes me love his music even more.
“He never won the Nobel Prize, but his mother always loved him.”