This video is flat out jaw dropping fun.
This dinner is also fun.
The grilled brats (sausage would work perfectly, too) get all crispy and ooze with spicy cheese. Sooo good. The creamy salsa coleslaw is the perfect cooling topping.
Mexican grilled corn makes a great side. I have tried all sorts of methods of grilling corn (keeping husks on with silks removed, i.e.), but this was the easiest and the corn was still fantasic. Grilled corn coated in a mayo mix and rolled in chili spiced Cotijo cheese is just one step from heaven.
Cheddar And Jalapeño Grilled Brats With Mexican Grilled Corn
Cheddar And Jalapeño Grilled Brats
4 uncooked bratwursts
4 oz smoked cheddar or sharp cheddar, shredded
1 Tbs mayo
1 Tbs pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
4 hoagie or sub rolls, split
2 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tsp lime juice
1. In a large saucepan, cook brats in enough boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly.
2. On the long side of each brat, make a lengthwise slit almost to, but not through, the opposite side.
3. In a food processor combine cheese, mayo and chile peppers. Process until just combined. Spoon some of this mixture into each bratwurst.
4. Prepare grill. If using charcoal, arrange coals around a drip pan.
5. Place bratwursts, stuffed side up, on the grill rack. Cover and grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until bratwurst is cooked through.
6. Toast buns on the grill.
7. Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix, sour cream, salsa, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl.
8. Serve bratwurst in buns. Spoon cabbage mixture over.
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens Magazine
Mexican Grilled Corn
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 ears corn, husked
4 tablespoons finely shredded Cotija or Parmesan cheese
1 lime, quartered
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the mayo sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon spiced Cotija. Serve with lime wedges.
When I recently ordered The Twilight Sad’s new album from Fat Cat Records, enclosed in the package was a Fat Cat Sampler. What a cool surprise.
I knew some of the bands and only one of the songs. So fun having all this new stuff to explore.
One of my favorites on the sampler is by Breton. Moody. Dreamy reverb.
The video for the song is really stunning, too.