I thought this was one of the best chicken pot pies I have ever made. It is laughably easy and the simple flavors shine through.
I paired the pot pie with this endive salad. The bitter greens were just fab with the blue cheese, walnuts and dried cranberries.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
1 package (2 rounds; 15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts
2 Tbs butter
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, your choice (fresh or frozen)
2 cups (approximately 8 oz) shredded cooked chicken
3 Tbs flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Place one pie crust in 9 inch pie plate. Crimp edge and prick bottom a few times with a fork. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until browned. Remove and lower oven temperature to 350℉.
3. While pie crust bakes, melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over the vegetables and stir until combined. Add broth and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Pour chicken mixture into baked pie crust and cover with the other unbaked pastry round. Crimp edges together and slice vents into crust.
5. Bake pie on top of a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes. Let potpie rest for about 10 minutes than serve.
Recipe from What Can I Bring? Cookbook by Anne Byrn
Endive And Blue Cheese Salad
1/3 cup blue cheese
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons milk
1 Tbs chopped chives
1 Tbs lemon juice
4 heads endive
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
additional chopped chives to garnish
1. Purée 1/3 cup blue cheese, Greek yogurt and milk in a blender. Stir in some chopped chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. Slice the 4 heads of endive lengthwise; toss with the dressing. Top with toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and more blue cheese and chives.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
I didn’t wake up today thinking I was going to play The Monkees, but it seems sadly appropriate.
I adored (actually, make that present tense) this song. I’m all over that drum.
The Monkees-Hey Hey We're The Monkees
Oh My Geek!
The four of these guys are so camp. Definitely iconic viewing.
You can check out The Monkees on the band’s Website and buy their music there, too.
A respectful cheers.