When I sing in the kitchen, it is kind of like this.
Ha! (or maybe, to be current, I should say ‘LOL LOL’)
Honestly, that video cracks me up. With that song in my head I know I can take on any challenge the week ahead may bring.
Maybe we should bake now.
Easy to make and easier to eat. You will really enjoy these Cookie Cheesecake Squares if you like cookies and cheesecake.
Cookie Cheesecake Squares
1 (18 oz) tube refrigerated slice and bake sugar cookie dough
3/4 cup strawberry preserves
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
8 oz sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice dough into 1/4-inch slices. Press slices in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan to form crust. (I had a pretty hard time getting the slices out of the pan. Next time I would probably try lightly greasing the pan or using a non-stick one.)
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. (Cookie dough will appear puffy when removed from oven.)
4. Gently spread evenly with preserves. (I had trouble spreading the preserves without pulling the top layer of the cookie dough off. So, I just put small dollops of the preserves over the cookie layer, let the preserves get warm and then spread it as best I could.)
5. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat at medium speed until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour mixture over preserves, spreading to edges.
6. Bake for an additional 28 to 33 minutes or until knife inserted in cheese layer comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator.
Serve with fresh berries and/or whipped cream if you like.
Recipe from Grace M. Wold
Heard of Holy Esque?
You definitely want these guys on your radar.
Holy Esque are a new band of four out of Glasgow. I absolutely love what I have heard so far.