This week, The Contrast Podcast is busting out all over with songs about The Chest. If you want to hear a bunch of top heavy songs, well, this episode will knocker your socks off. Check it out here. Just don’t blame me if you can’t get the header image out of your mind for the rest of the day.
While you are listening to The Chest you might want to think about whipping up these chicken breasts. It’s like chicken on a cheese board what with the cheese, nuts and grapes. The potatoes give a little heat on the side.
Blue Cheese And Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breasts
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup walnuts
4 bone-in, skin on split chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
2 Tbs butter
2 shallots, minced
2 cups seedless red grapes
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 475℉. Adjust oven rack to upper middle position.
2. Beat blue cheese and walnuts together with fork until combined.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cut a slit lengthwise down center of each breast through skin and almost to bone, leaving about 1 inch at each end. Roll cheese mixture into 4 logs and press into pockets. Pinch meat up around top of cheese mixture in each chicken breast, closing up slit as much as possible.
4. Transfer chicken to baking sheet and bake until golden brown and chicken registers 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil.
5. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbs butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add grapes and cook until skins blister, 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and cook until another 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and reduce by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Off heat, whisk in remaining butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Recipe from America’s Test Kitchen
Jalapeño Roasted Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 large jalapeños, sliced into 1/4 inch rings and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 475℉. Place a rimmed baking sheet into oven to preheat.
2. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and jalapeños and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet, turning them cut side down. Roast on the upper rack for about 35 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden. Serve.
Recipe from Food & Wine Magazine
I know we just had an Office video clip yesterday, but this one from the US version is too funny and chest related not to share here.
Plus, here are some of the breast songs about the chest.
Chris Difford-Fat As A Fiddle
Gosh that makes me crave potatoes… mmm carbs.
I totally agree. I’ll sing carbs praises right along with you! Mmmmm.