Summer is coming and all those lovely berries are begging to jump into your desserts. This Mixed Berry Cobbler is so simple to put together and so delicious.
Mixed Berry Cobbler
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup strawberry jam, heated
2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1-1/3 cups whole milk
2 cups blackberries
2 cups blueberries
2 tsp lemon zest
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉.
2. Pour melted butter into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and jam.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add milk and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour batter over the melted butter in the baking dish. Top with fruit and sprinkle with zest.
6. Bake about 55 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream.
Serves 8 to 10
Recipe from Paula Deen
It was the smashed cake that caught my eye, but on first listen ‘Box’ caught my ears. It’s new from Seattle-based trio Dude York. Can we talk about how catchy this retro sounding song is?
“I’ll never love again”