Q: What do you get when 1000 blueberries try to go through a door at the same time?
A: A blueberry jam.
Hey Pavlova lovers…here is a delicious version that pairs the divine meringue dessert with a triple dose of blueberry and a hint of lemon.
7 large egg whites, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 1/4 tsp cornstarch, sifted
1 lemon, zested into long strips, plus 1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup blueberry jam, strained (about 3/4 cup)
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 cups heavy cream
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, gradually add 1 3/4 cups of the sugar, the cornstarch, and lemon juice. Beat on high until a stiff, glossy meringue forms, about 10 minutes.
3. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the meringue into a 2-inch-high rectangle. Dollop with 1/4 cup jam.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the jam to create swirls but do not overmix.
5. Bake the meringue until crisp, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and prop open the door. Let the meringue cool in the oven for 30 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
6. In a large saucepan, cook the blueberries and 1/4 cup jam over medium-high heat, stirring often, until a thick sauce forms, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
7. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until slightly firm peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the meringue. Dollop with the remaining jam. Fold in the jam to create swirls. Top with the blueberry sauce and lemon zest. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Recipe from Rachael Ray
“Acknowledgments” is new from Toronto-based band Jane’s Party. It’s a quieter tune from the band and really lovely.
“I wish I knew deep inside
that you and I will be alright”
Check out Jane’s Party on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming tour dates in Ontario and buy their music.
Wow this is amazing! I love pavlova. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Following your blog for more great recipes. I made veggie loaf for dinner and it turned out amazing, so here is the link if you’d like to give it a try :)