Aren’t these cute?
Top some mini hot dogs with macaroni and cheese from the classic blue box and you get these tasty little bites. What makes them special is the frozen bread dough rolls.
Mini Mac & Cheese Dogs
1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls (12 count), thawed and soft enough to shape
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
12 beef hot dogs
1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
1. Cut each roll in half then shape each half into a 3 inch long mini hot dog bun. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
2. Cover buns with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Bake buns 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. In a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan, toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt and pepper.
6. Bake crumbs for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
7. Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
8. To serve, cut hot dogs crosswise in half. Split buns and fill with hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
Makes 2 dozen
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
“Dandelion” is kind of big to serve with some mini dogs, but it is equally delicious. It’s new from LA-based singer Jesse Jo Stark.
Check out Jesse Jo Stark on her Website where you can buy the music.