Wishing all of you who love summer the best one ever!
How about some fun food to welcome the
biting bugs long, warm days?
If you are not grilling but feel like having some burgers, try these crazy Tater Tot Cheeseburgers. The cheerful potatoes get mixed with some onion, spiced breadcrumbs and egg to bind it all together. The patties get a quick sauté, then a topping of cheddar to melt before being served in buns with a spicy mix of sriracha and sour cream. Simply broiled asparagus with a tasty lemony sauce is a great accompaniment.
Tater Tot Cheeseburger With Sriracha Cream
2 cups tater tots, thawed
1 tsp onion powder
¼ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
2 Tbs olive oil
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp sriracha
1. In a large bowl combine the tater tots, eggs, onion powder, and breadcrumbs. Use a potato masher to blend together. Form into 4 well compacted patties.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Gently place the patties in the skillet and brown before gently flipping.
3. Top the patties with the cheddar cheese and cook until melted.
4. Transfer the tater tot cheeseburgers to buns.
5. Mix together the sour cream and sriracha.
6. Top burgers with sriracha sour cream prior to serving.
Recipe from Epicurious
Lemon-Pepper Parmesan Asparagus
2 bunches medium asparagus (about 2 pounds), ends trimmed
10 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large egg (in its shell)
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a baking sheet. Spread asparagus in a single layer and broil, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the egg and reduce the heat. Simmer 5 minutes then drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
4. Peel the egg and transfer to a blender. Add the garlic, lemon juice, Parmesan and mustard and process until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in the remaining 8 tablespoons olive oil and blend until thick and creamy. Stir in the crushed peppercorns.
5. Spoon the lemon-pepper sauce over the asparagus and top with more Parmesan.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Food Network
Crank up your sound and groove to this new tune from LA-based band Kid Bloom. It speaks to that time in high school when summers really were that long expanse of lazy days..and finding a place to make out.
“Take me to your parents’ house
Check if anyone’s around
Call me on your mama’s phone
Let me know they’re outta town”
Check out Kid Bloom on the band’s Website where you can buy the music.