Q: What did the rake say to the hoe?
A: Hi Hoe!
Fresh tomatoes in season are so delicious. Pair them up with some onion, garlic, artichoke hearts and bell pepper and serve over buttery linguine tossed with Parmesan. Fast and easy.
1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small green bell pepper, sliced
2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 pound linguine (I used fresh spinach linguine)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
4 Tbs butter, softened
Fresh basil, to garnish
1. Drain liquid from artichoke hearts into a large skillet.
2. Cut larger artichoke hearts in half and set aside.
3. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper to skillet and simmer over low heat until softened. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 more minutes.
4. Add artichokes to skillet and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
6. Drain pasta then toss with Parmesan and butter.
7. Serve pasta with artichoke sauce, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and garnish with basil.
Serves 3 to 4 (doubles easily)
Recipe slightly adapted from Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama
NJ-based band The Rareflowers have a new tune out and it screams ‘summer song’. Happy vibe and gauzy vocals in a sun-kissed package.
Check out The Rareflowers on Facebook where you can learn of an upcoming show in Brooklyn and keep tuned for info on where to buy their music.